[Wsssc] Student Exemption Process

Reader, Aaron areader at highline.edu
Tue Sep 14 09:05:45 PDT 2021

Hello Colleagues,
We're in the midst of establishing a procedure for student exemptions (medical and religious). How many of you have this responsibility in student services between collecting attestations forms, processing exemptions requests, and processing appeals? For the sake of avoiding a conflict of interest, I've been vigilant about separating conduct from any of this. Admissions, the VP's office, public safety (which is not covered by SS at Highline), and other departments are being evaluated as possible areas to take this on.

Any advice or suggestions from your colleges?
Aaron

Aaron Reader, MA
Vice President, Student Services
Pronouns: He, Him, His
Highline College
(206) 592-3351
areader at highline.edu<mailto:Jmosby at highline.edu>
Highline College welcomes you to Fall Quarter! Student Services continues to provide virtual services while the campus re-opens with limited In Person Services.  See the schedule below.
Fall Hours from Sept 7 - Dec 17

In Person services
M, W: 10 - 6
T , Th: 10 - 3

Virtual/Remote hours of operation
M, W: 9 - 6
T, Th: 8 - 5
F: 8 - 1

*Zoom Lobby hours
M, W: 10 - 5:30
T, Th: 9 - 4:30
F: 9 - 12:30

*Zoom lobbies available one hour after opening and 30 minutes prior to close.

We continue to request your patience as we transition our services to ctcLink.<https://www.highline.edu/ctclink/>