[Wsssc] Updated Student Services Bill Watch

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Mon Mar 22 10:17:36 PDT 2021

WSSSC: attached is an updated Student Services Bill Watch for the 2021 Legislative Session. It's a shorter list that might get shorter this Friday if bills don't make it through their opposite chamber policy committee. We continue to have concerns about Senate Bill 5194, although it contains some positive elements such as funding a pilot effort to increase mental health counseling services. It gets a hearing today at 1:30 in House College & Workforce Development Committee.

Joe

"Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."