[Wsssc] Cross-Country Mask Usage Question

Christina Castorena christina.castorena at email.edcc.edu
Wed Feb 17 19:19:09 PST 2021

Hi Brendon,

We have cross country and support the current guidance.

This is from our AD, "There is research that has proven running changes
oxygen intake especially with a mask. When wearing a mask during anaerobic
exercise, carbon dioxide levels reach dangerous levels. After a few deaths
and many close calls most schools and clubs banned hypoxic training."

We believe requiring that they keep masks on prior to and after race is
reasonable, especially when we are also doing temperature checks prior to
competition.

Christina
*Christina Castorena, M.Ed. *(she/her/hers)

*Vice President for Student Success*
*425.640.1668*