[Wsssc] FW: UPDATE: OAAP Decision from Steering Committee

Hayden, Ruby Ruby.Hayden at lwtech.edu
Tue Feb 2 09:44:23 PST 2021

Dear WSSSC,

As your representative on the ctcLink steering committee I am sharing the below update about the OAAP go-live.

While I am pleased the vendor worked quickly to resolve the highest level accessibility issues, I will be direct in my commentary that I am gravely disappointed in the process used to determine if we were ready to go live with the software. I do not believe it was in line with the SBCTC vision statement.

After the substantive letters and meetings where DSSC, ARC, FAC, WSSSC, IC, and others have expressed concerns about accessibility, I believe there should not have even been an opportunity for a vote until the critical accessibility issues were resolved. The OAA committee chaired by Joe Holiday over several years listed accessibility a top priority in a new system. This vendor assured us the requirement would be met. It was not met by the time a vote was requested and initially a vote was requested prior to even sharing an accessibility report.

While being the WSSSC representative does not permit me to vote at the steering committee, I want to honor Carli Schiffner as the sole voting member who, in my opinion, sided with equity and voted "no" to moving forward before items were fixed. Thank you Carli.

Ruby.

Ruby Hayden, Ph.D.
Vice President of Student Services
My pronouns: she/her

Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Student Services
West 213C
11605 - 132nd Avenue NE  |  Kirkland, WA 98034
T: (425) 739-8208  |  ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu<mailto:ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu>
www.LWTech.edu<http://www.lwtech.edu/>  |  twitter.com/LWITech<http://twitter.com/LWITech>  |  facebook.com/LWITech<http://facebook.com/LWITech>