[Wsssc] FW: Director for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Mon Sep 28 07:49:27 PDT 2020

WSSSC: see below, a message from our Executive Director Jan Yoshiwara. She has tapped Ha Nguyen (currently on my staff) as our first Director of EDI. This is exciting news and a significant milestone for SBCTC. Ha will excel in her new role.

This also means that I will need to fill Ha's Policy Associate position. In that capacity, she currently supports Financial Aid Council, CUSP, and Multicultural Student Services Council. Ha will continue to support them through their fall meetings. Either Ha or I will communicate with Council leadership to that effect. In the meantime, I will assemble a search committee that at minimum has representation from those three groups.

                             [Joe]

"Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."