[Wsssc] Call for volunteers to serve on the DGC Bio-Demo Sub-committee

Hayden, Ruby Ruby.Hayden at lwtech.edu
Tue Sep 22 20:24:40 PDT 2020

Hello WSSSC Colleagues,

The system's Data Governance Committee (DGC) is forming a standing sub-committee focused on the collection and use of bio-demographic information for both students and staff in ctclink.  The DGC is calling for volunteers to serve on this committee.

As we all know, there is a great deal of integration between the pillars in ctcLink and that each person, whether a student or a staff member, are a single entity in ctcLink with a single set of bio-demographical information.  This committee will discuss, analyze and propose standards related to bio-demographical data points including the integration of this data between the Campus Solutions and Human Capital Management pillars.

During the first year, the sub-committee will focus on the following items:

*        Complete Phase II of the Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI) implementation in ctclink.

o   Discuss the collection of pronouns and the purpose/use if we do collect.

o   Discuss the collection, display and use of Name in ctclink for students and staff.

*        Annual review of SOGI data categories collected in ctcLink

*        Work on proposals related to bio-demographic data collection and integration between pillars in ctcLink.

The sub-committee will meet no more than monthly during the first year, and the formal schedule will be determined by the committee members during their first kick-off meeting.  For future years, meetings may become quarterly depending on workload.  Travel is not required, all meetings will be held via WebEx.

If you are interested in volunteering for this committee, please contact Carmen McKenzie at cmckenzie at sbctc.edu<mailto:cmckenzie at sbctc.edu>  prior to October 9th, 2020. I'll be co-chairing with Carmen so I can also answer any questions you may have.

Ruby.

Ruby Hayden, Ph.D.
Vice President of Student Services
My pronouns: she/her

Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Student Services  |  West 202
11605 132nd Avenue NE  |  Kirkland, WA 98034
T: (425) 739-8208  |  ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu<mailto:ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu>
www.LWTech.edu<http://www.lwtech.edu/>  |  twitter.com/LWITech  |  facebook.com/LWITech
[cid:image001.png at 01D6813B.696182A0]<https://www.lwtech.edu/about/foundation/breakfast/>