[Wsssc] Coronavirus prep

Christina Castorena christina.castorena at email.edcc.edu
Sun Mar 15 15:52:23 PDT 2020

See responses below for Edmonds CC:
*Christina Castorena, M.Ed.*

*Vice President for Student Services*

OFFICE: Lynnwood Hall, Room 142
MAILING ADDRESS:  20000 68th Ave. W
<https://maps.google.com/?q=20000+68th+Ave.+W%0D+Lynnwood,+WA%C2%A0+98036&entry=gmail&source=g>
Lynnwood, WA  98036
<https://maps.google.com/?q=20000+68th+Ave.+W%0D+Lynnwood,+WA%C2%A0+98036&entry=gmail&source=g>
-5999
425-640-1668 <(425)%20640-1515> (Direct)

Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Hers

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 1:59 PM Orchard, Sue via wsssc <wsssc at lists.ctc.edu>
wrote:

> Hi all-
>
> I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe! This is a very surreal
> time for our nation and the world. We all now have the same directive from
> the governor's office re: online instruction. At LCC, we're working on
> social distancing guidelines for serving students (our campus is open
> still) but planning for total closure if necessary. How are you all serving
> students right now?
>
> Are your campuses open?

Starting Wed, March 18 through April 3 our college will be operating
remotely.  Offices closed to the public. Staff can work in the office or
from home  (telework agreement). All finals are online - no in person
finals (this is our finals week). Spring quarter delayed by one week, so we
will start on April 13 and classes will be online only for the first two
weeks - through April 24.  This could all change depending on if the
Governor pushes back dates.

> Are you limiting access to campus?

See above.  Housing remains open and we have enforces social distancing
rules (no guests, limiting number of students in community room, etc.). We
are also allowing baseball and softball practice but coaches are taking
temps before practice. But we cancelled all gym and field rentals.

> Are you practicing social distancing through serving students through
> email/phone/zoom rather than face to face?

Many functions have been moved online (email, phone, Google Chat or
Hangout, etc.)  All of these functions are available online or remotely:
application, admissions, placement testing, New Student Orientation, New
Student Advising, advising services, registration, transcript ordering and
evaluations, financial aid processing and disbursement, and tuition payment.