[Wsssc] Financial Aid Train the Trainer Next Steps

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Mon Feb 24 15:31:54 PST 2020

Colleagues: this is the first of two emails I am sending you as we take next steps for the Financial Aid Train-the-Trainer initiative. I am sending this one to the full VP Student Services list (WSCCC) so that you all have access to the following:

1.      The training slides used by WSAC (attached)

2.      A link to a recording of the WSAC workshop at this link: https://youtu.be/2ozzqryKkh4e<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ozzqryKkh4&feature=youtu.be>

3.      A list of high school districts that WSAC recommends you include in your outreach plan, if they are in your community college district (attached)

I will send a second email later this week to those of you who had a team participating in the Train-the-Trainer workshops, with the following:

1.      A list of workshop participants from your college, also indicating who served as your team "lead" at the workshop

2.      More information to help you with your next steps, including an example of a train-the-trainer workplan developed by Edmonds Community College

3.      A brief survey to capture next steps you may already be taking or planning to take

I want to take this opportunity to thank you all for your involvement in this pilot effort, acknowledging that it is a heavy lift at an extremely busy time. Special thanks to Christina Castorena and Chio Flores for their service on the workgroup coordinating this effort, to WSSSC President Jess Gilmore-English for her leadership and support, and to the financial aid directors who played a critical role on the workgroup: Teresa Buchmann (GRC), Brianne Sanchez (North Seattle), and Rahel Weldu (RTC).

Watch for my second email later this week but don't hesitate to reach out to me at any time if you have questions or need more information.

                             [Joe]