[Wsssc] WSSSC updates

Orchard, Sue sorchard at lcc.ctc.edu
Mon Aug 17 09:04:55 PDT 2020

Good morning, WSSSC-

A couple of quick items.

  *   Membership List: We have several new VPs in our system - welcome, folks! Please take a look at the WSSSC membership list<https://www.sbctc.edu/resources/documents/colleges-staff/commissions-councils/wsssc/memberlist-2020-21.pdf> and let me or Joe know if any updates are needed.
  *   Annual Dues: WSSSC Exec met last week and have recommended that we not charge an annual due this year. This was based on meeting virtually, thus no meeting costs, and budget cuts across the system. If we decide we would like to engage in a professional development opportunity or something else with a cost associated, we'll seek funding from the commission to do so. Please let me know if you have any feedback on this proposal.
  *   WACTC Capital Committee: If you are interested in serving on the WACTC Capital Budget Committee, please let me know. The Capital committee develops capital priorities and manages the capital request process and may also play a role -- though not a deciding one -- in scoring proposals. Deb Casey can provide more information on the committee if you'd like to learn more.

Thanks!

Sue

Sue Orchard, PsyD
Vice President of Student Services