[Wsssc] Meseage from Bruce Marvin re: Title IX

Orchard, Sue sorchard at lcc.ctc.edu
Tue Aug 11 19:58:07 PDT 2020

Hi WSSSC-
Please see Bruce Marvin's update about new Title IX rules.
Sue

 One of my colleagues just informed me that OCR has issued guidance indicating that the new Title IX rule will not be retroactive.  This means that it will only apply to alleged sexual harassment incidents that occur on or after August 14, 2020.  A link to the OCR webpage is attached.

https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/blog/index.html

Attorney-Client Privileged Communication
Unless otherwise specifically indicated, the information contained in this e-mail message is an attorney-client communication and/or attorney work product and is, therefore, intended only for the review and use of the above-named person(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any distribution, dissemination, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you believe you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by calling (206) 464-5814.
H. Bruce Marvin
Assistant Attorney General
Education Division
800 Fifth Ave. #2000