[Wsssc] FW: Draft Email Reminder to Presidents re RealCollege Survey

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Thu May 9 13:40:28 PDT 2019

WSSSC Colleagues: as promised during our meeting last week, here is more information about the RealCollege survey of student basic needs. The email below was sent by Jan Yoshiwara to your presidents and chancellors today.

Good news: we are indeed able to cover the $1,000 cost for every college that chooses to participate, thanks to College Spark Washington's generosity and Kristi Wellington-Baker's advocacy on our behalf. Please feel free to contact Liz Looker at HOPE Center directly if you have questions. HOPE Center will provide the link to the survey sign-up form, sometime next week.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns at this point. I will be on a planning call with Liz and our policy research director Darby Kaikkonen next week to discuss the IRB component of survey participation. Darby is discussing it with RPC this week. It seems reasonable to proceed under Temple University's IRB approval, but that is a decision each participating college will make.

Talk to you soon.

                             [Joe]