[Wsssc] Seeking 2 more members: BAS Review Committee

Gilmore English, Jessica jgilmoreenglish at RTC.edu
Sat Jul 13 11:08:40 PDT 2019

Hello WSSSC members,

We need to complete the assignments of our members to the below BAS Review Committee. Andre, thank you for volunteering. We need 2 more. Joe and I need names ASAP as the work begins very soon. This is a great opportunity to get involved in system work as part of a cross-functional team. Please email both Joe and me your interest. Thanks, Jess

We are excited at the continued growth in the Applied Baccalaureate programs now offered by our colleges. Our approved bachelor programs now top 100 degrees covering a wide range of disciplines.  But the program success means we continue to need your assistance.  The 2019-20 BAS Review Committee team is in need of representatives to review the anticipated and pending BAS Applications.

The team will be comprised of the following council and commission representative to join the SBCTC team.

  *   Instruction Commission (3)
  *   Washington State Student Services Commission (3)
  *   Business Affairs Commission (2)
  *   Baccalaureate Leadership Council (2)
  *   Workforce Education Council (2)

This year, we are requesting three IC and WSSSC representatives each in the event that their own college proposals are under review and the members will find it necessary to recuse themselves.

The anticipated timeline is as follows:

  1.  July-IC, WSSSC, BAC, BLC, and WEC choose or seek volunteer representatives.
  2.  Mid-August- virtual training meeting via WebEx for representatives.
  3.  September- meet to go over proposals.
  4.  Early October feedback given to colleges.

Repeat steps 3 and 4 prior to the February 2020 and May 2020 State Board meetings.

To meet the proposed review timeline, I am asking for representatives to be identified by July 26.  This review process would not be successful without the dedicated support from our college representatives.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Scott a Copeland

Jessica Gilmore English
Vice President of Student Services
Pronouns: she|her|hers
[cid:image001.png at 01D13320.87630A80]
[cid:image013.png at 01D13320.87630A80]

3000 NE 4th St. Renton, WA 98056
Phone: 425-235-2463
Email: jgilmoreenglish at rtc.edu<mailto:jgilmoreenglish at rtc.edu>
www.RTC.edu<http://www.rtc.edu/>
[cid:image009.png at 01D13320.87630A80]<https://www.facebook.com/rentontechnicalcollege> [cid:image010.png at 01D13320.87630A80] <https://plus.google.com/104118808484150773827#104118808484150773827/posts>  [cid:image011.png at 01D13320.87630A80] <https://twitter.com/rentontech>  [cid:image012.png at 01D13320.87630A80] <https://instagram.com/rentontechnicalcollege/>