[Wsssc] Promoting FAFSA Completion and Utilization of the Washington College Grant

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Wed Aug 28 14:28:56 PDT 2019

Colleagues: Carli Schiffner wanted me to share the email below from Kelly Evans at Soundview Strategies regarding WSAC's intent to coordinate a major FAFSA completion effort and promotion of the Washington College Grant (formerly the Student Need Grant). SBCTC Executive Director Jan Yoshiwara sits on the WSAC board. She is putting together a group that will focus on community college students (including potential and past students) in this effort, based on the assumption that WSAC will be more focused on high school students and parents. Stay tuned for updates as this work proceeds. Joe