[Wsssc] [External] Transitions at South Seattle College

Bell, Damon dbell at olympic.edu
Fri Jul 6 14:34:28 PDT 2018

Congratulations Rosie and thank you for this reminder.

Today is my last day at Olympic College.  I have accepted a new position as Interim President of Ventura College in California.  I will begin my new assignment on July 23.

Before that happens, I need to take some time to party!  Next week I will be heading to Alaska on a Carnival Cruise!  This is one of the many things I planned to do while living in Washington.

I am sending my warmest thank you to all of you for making my experience at Olympic College through my work with WSSSC much more enjoyable!  Serving as WSSSC president was definitely one of the highlights of my career!

Olympic College remains in good hands.  Elaine Williams Bryant has been select as the Interim Vice President for Student Services and Achievement starting July 9.  Please welcome her to the group.  She has been with OC since 1996 and is currently serving as the Dean of Student Development.  She is also a member of the 2018-2019 WELA cohort so she is unable to attend the summer WSSSC meeting because of conflicting obligations.  She will be sending Jennifer Glasier, Dean of Enrollment Services as her sub.

My cell number will remain the same and my email address will be dbell at vcccd.edu.  I wish you all the best and I hope that our paths cross again!

Damon

Damon A. Bell, Ed.D.
Vice President, Student Services and Achievement
Olympic College
1600 Chester Avenue
Bremerton, WA. 98337-1699