[Wsssc] FW: Very late in getting this to you! - PLEASE SEE THIS ONE!

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Thu Dec 20 11:39:03 PST 2018

WSSSC Colleagues: see below and attached information on the April 15-16 suicide prevention conference and training. This is one of the initiatives resulting from the passage of Senate Bill 6514 in 2018.

Washington State 2019 Conference on Suicide Prevention in Postsecondary Education
April 15-16, University of Washington Seattle
One day conference, followed by a training day. Both are free to attend

The major dynamic in behavioral health and suicide prevention in postsecondary education across Washington state today is increasing student demand for services while facing limited resources. Join us on April 15 to learn about ways to strengthen your work despite this challenge.

Please recruit a team to represent your institution. (max. 8 representatives)

Conference organizers are inviting student affairs leaders, staff whose work puts them in contact with students in times & spaces of stress (e.g., registrar’s office, financial aid, campus safety, etc.), counselors and advisors. We welcome faculty who have special interest in supporting students in distress.

We especially invite student leaders (including any students with an interest in behavioral health or suicide prevention) to participate in a special track for students.

Training Day Options on April 16, also at UW

  *   LEARN® SAVES LIVES for Higher Education – Trainers Workshop – full day
  *   Student Veterans Culture & Special Needs – half day
  *   Culturally Responsive Student Support – half day

If you have questions or suggestions, please contact Marny Lombard, lombardm at uw.edu<mailto:lombardm at uw.edu>.

Marny

Marny Lombard | SB 6514 Higher Education Project Manager | 509.981.4030| lombardm at uw.edu<mailto:lombardm at uw.edu>

Attached you’ll find the Save-the-Date flier for the April 15 Conference. I’m terribly sorry to be so late in getting this to you.

Washington State 2019 Conference on Suicide Prevention in Postsecondary Education
April 15-16, University of Washington
One day conference, followed by a training day. Both are free to attend

The major dynamic in behavioral health and suicide prevention in postsecondary education across Washington state is an increasing demand for services while facing limited resources. Join us on April 15 to learn about ways to strengthen your work in this important field.

Please recruit a team to represent your institution. (max. 8 representatives)

Conference organizers are inviting student affairs leaders, staff whose work puts them in contact with students in times & spaces of stress (e.g., registrar’s office, financial aid, campus safety, etc.), counselors and advisors. We welcome faculty who have special interest in supporting students in distress.

We especially invite student leaders (including any students with an interest in behavioral health or suicide prevention) to participate in a special track for students.

Training Day Options on April 16, also at UW

  *   LEARN® SAVES LIVES for Higher Education – Trainers Workshop – full day
  *   Student Veterans Culture & Special Needs – half day
  *   Culturally Responsive Student Support – half day

Registration via Eventbrite will open on Jan. 7.

If you have questions or suggestions, please contact Marny Lombard, lombardm at uw.edu<mailto:lombardm at uw.edu>.

Thank you very much.

MARNY LOMBARD
SB 6514 Higher Education Project Manager

Mail: Box 354900, Seattle, WA 98195-4900
4101 15th Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98105-6299
mobile 509.981.4030 | fax 206.685.5398
lombardm at uw.edu<mailto:lombardm at uw.edu>| intheforefront.org<http://www.intheforefront.org/> |

[/Users/lombardm/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_2066263005]
Need help? Call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline<http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/>:
1-800-273-TALK (8255), a free 24/7 resource.