[Wsssc] Questions About Marital Status, Parental Status, and Disability in the Online Application for Admission

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Thu Sep 14 08:31:52 PDT 2017

Colleagues: based on the advice of our system internal auditor last month, we determined that we cannot ask student applicants for their marital status, parental status, or disability at the point of application, based on federal law and OCR rules. Therefore, we will be removing those questions from the PeopleSoft OAA. We realize that the colleges may be affected by this decision (the FirstLink colleges now and the other colleges as they come on-line). A way of collecting this information "post-enrollment" must be developed in the PeopleSoft environment.

[Joe]
Joe Holliday
Director of Student Services

[SBCTC_Anniversary Logo_WhtGold_Round3OUT_v1_MC]

1300 Quince Street SE, PO Box 42495
Olympia, Washington  98504-2495