[Wsssc] STILL Needed: Volunteers for Capital Committee Taskforce On EDI & Built Environments

Matthew Campbell MCampbell at pierce.ctc.edu
Mon Oct 30 17:48:32 PDT 2017

Re-sending and bringing to the top of your inbox. If we could get one additional participant, that would be fantastic! Please see below and let me know ASAP.

Thanks!
Matt

Matthew Campbell, Ed.D.
Vice President, Learning & Student Success
Pierce College Puyallup
p/  253.840.8419
f/   253.840.8423
e/  mcampbell at pierce.ctc.edu<mailto:mcampbell at pierce.ctc.edu>

[cid:12AC3C66-DBF5-4DCF-9C56-BE4B6459C9D1]

Dear WSSSCers,

Below is yet another opportunity to contribute to an important system-wide endeavor.

Have ideas about how space and architecture can advance equity, diversity, and inclusion? How learning environments can help close achievement gaps? How facilities for student support services contribute to student success? Then this is the time-limited task force for you!

We are in need of two folks! Ideally from WSSSC, but if you have a team member that is particularly well qualified for this task, please feel free to forward that person’s name.
The work will be done by March.

Please send names ASAP as this group is anxious to get rolling!

Thanks,
Matt

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Need a couple of volunteers to serve on the Capital Committee Taskforce

Seeking a couple of members who would like to attend a monthly meeting over the course of this year to serve on a task force for the WACTC Capital Committee related to Closing the Achievement Gaps with Build Environments.

The report is due in March and some meetings will be done by phone and face-to-face at a central location.

More information:

WACTC “close achievement gaps with built environment” charge to BAC, IC, and SS for AY1718

The Washington Association of Community and Technical Colleges are committed to closing achievement gaps of their diverse student bodies. And one of the State Board’s goals is to promote student achievement and success.

The Business Affairs, Instruction, and Student Services Commissions shall work together to identify how the built environment can help close achievement gaps and recommend changes in how we select projects for the system’s capital budget request to support this goal.

WACTC Capital needs the recommendations by March 2018 to include them in a discussion on the development of the 2021-23 capital budget request at an Academy to be held in May 2018.