[Wsssc] Update to IFA co-enrollment data

Jim Crabbe jcrabbe at sbctc.edu
Tue Oct 3 11:05:06 PDT 2017

All,
On September 28th we sent you data and guidance to aid in your negotiations with WDC's regarding your proportional share in Infrastructure Funding Agreements (IFA).   Initially BFET students were held out of the count. There has been some confusion among partners regarding BFET. DSHS has clarified that while BFET is an important partner to the workforce development system broadly, there is no requirement for DSHS as the administrator of BFET services or for BFET providers to contribute. BFET students on our campuses are enrolled in programs under Title II and Perkins both, and therefore have been returned to the total headcount in the data provided.

Please use the attached data in the place of the data provided last week. This updated workbook includes the workforce students who are also receiving BFET supports. This increases the share of WorkSource participants on our colleges by  1% on the aggregate, and between 1% and 3% across the 12 WDAs.  This information is provided to aid you in reaching reasonable and proportional agreements in keeping with our responsibilities under WIOA.
Sorry for and inconvenience we may have caused.

Jim Crabbe
Interim Deputy Executive Director of Education
SBCTC
360-704-4353

Questions about this data and its application can be forwarded to Katherine Mahoney at kmahoney at sbctc.edu<mailto:kmahoney at sbctc.edu>.