[Wsssc] Messaging about Ramadan

Rimando-chareunsap, Rosannette Rosie.Rimando at seattlecolleges.edu
Wed May 17 10:26:54 PDT 2017

Hi colleagues-

I am wondering if any of you have some great messaging around the upcoming Ramadan holiday you would be willing to share. Since Ramadan overlaps with our finals weeks, and this period of fasting is further compounded by coinciding with the longest days of the year in the PNW, our college is discussing what messaging we will put out to our faculty and staff and to our students.

If you have any messaging you've done (now or in the past), would you be willing to share?

Thanks so much!

Rosie Rimando-Chareunsap, Ed.D.
Vice President for Student Services
South Seattle College, A US Dept. of Ed. Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution
6000 16th Avenue SW | Seattle, WA 98106  |  VP office 206.934.6788  |  Rosie.Rimando at seattlecolleges.edu

Student Services mission statement:
We empower our diverse student population to achieve their academic, career, and personal goals.
As a network of student services professionals, we value:
Community,  Equity,  Excellence,  Innovation,  Student Success

South's Core Themes
Student Achievement, Teaching & Learning, College Culture & Climate, Community Engagement & Partnerships