[Wsssc] FW: Update on the Workforce Collaboration conference

Matthew Campbell MCampbell at pierce.ctc.edu
Thu Aug 24 10:43:05 PDT 2017

Good morning. Please see the message from Nancy Dick regarding your college teams that attended the Workforce Collaboration Conference this week and support going forward.

Best,
Matt

Matthew Campbell, Ed.D.
Vice President, Learning & Student Success
Pierce College Puyallup
p/  253.840.8419
f/   253.840.8423
e/  mcampbell at pierce.ctc.edu<mailto:mcampbell at pierce.ctc.edu>

[cid:0B1B13B9-9985-4544-9375-0C6876BEDE0E]

Dear Vice Presidents of Student Services and Instruction,

Earlier this spring, teams from every campus registered to attend our inaugural Workforce Collaboration conference. We are near the end of our second day of this three day conference, and the work is well underway. The main focus of this collaboration is to bring a team of folks who influence the non-instructional supports for workforce education students to work together to ensure students are at the center of our systems. Attendees include staff from financial aid, Worker Retraining, BFET, WorkFirst, Opportunity Grant, and BEdA. Find out more about the conference here<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/workforce-education/workforce-education-summer-collaboration.aspx>.

Your college team is working hard to reach across functional areas to think about improvements to process and systems. I want to give you a heads up about the energy, enthusiasm and high quality of work and commitment that we are seeing. They are sharpening collaboration skills, building process maps and engaging in dialog within a framework that supports guided pathways. I invite you to connect with them when they return to campus, and want to let you know how my staff will be making themselves available to support colleges in continuing their work through the coming academic year.

Tomorrow, we will be providing time and space for each team to think about one high impact goal to increase workforce education student success. They will be creating an initial action plan to build off of the momentum of this conference.

I invite you to connect with your teams when they return to campus to hear about their great ideas. They may also be connecting with you to seek your support.

In order to be a resource for this ongoing work, my staff will offer an opportunity to connect with other college teams a couple more times this year. Teams will discuss how their plans are progressing, and get peer support for moving their goal forward. We hope that college teams will take us up on this offer.

This conference represents a significant investment in time and resources for both your college and the State Board, and we are pleased to support all our colleges in getting the most out of our time together. As always, it's a pleasure to work with the smart, dedicated staff from your colleges.

Please let me know how the Workforce Ed team at SBCTC can continue to help build on this work.

Best,

Nancy

Nancy Dick | Director, Workforce Education
1300 Quince St SE, Olympia, WA 98504
p: 360-704-4333
ndick at sbctc.edu<mailto:ndick at sbctc.edu>
www.sbctc.edu<http://www.sbctc.edu>