[Wactclc-primo] Ebsco issues from yesterday resolved?

Abby Koehler AKoehler at whatcom.edu
Fri May 20 09:24:05 PDT 2022

Golly, this is confusing. I had an issue last week with some of the same problems -- updating the openurl address somewhere and confirming the service for at least one database said 'yes' to SSO and IPAUTH -- and that those were loaded into EbscoAdmin per this line on an Ebsco help page<https://connect.ebsco.com/s/article/EBSCOhost-OpenURL-Frequently-Asked-Questions?language=en_US>, "When OpenURL Connection performs the initial validation to see if it “knows” the user, it will invoke the preferred authentication method set in EBSCOadmin. If that authentication method is Athens, Shib or SSO, and the user already has a session with that provider, the user will be seamlessly authenticated."

I wonder if that's why our stuff is still working (or works now) even though I don't have an OPID stuck in there?

And, do we have to do this for each service attached to each database?

Blarg.

abby koehler

she/her/hers

Systems Librarian