[Wactclc-primo] Primo custom javascript - needs adjustment for upcoming Primo release?

Jennifer Rohan jrohan at greenriver.edu
Wed Jun 15 12:01:23 PDT 2022

Hi Wade,

According to the following website the November 22 Release to Primo VE that may require adjustment of JS Angular code:
https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Primo/Product_Materials/Announcements/Preparing_for_the_Upgrade_to_Angular_1.8_in_Primo%2F%2FPrimo_VE#What_changes_in_Angular_1.8_could_affect_my_Angular_customizations.3F

I know you created a customized Javascript code to include the following "external search" options in Green River's Primo results page (Worldcat, GoogleScholar, Google Books, King County Libraries)
[cid:image001.png at 01D880AF.A16061B0]

I looked through the documentation on the website above and with my limited (ok basically non-existent) knowledge of Javascript, it does not seem like we would need to make adjustments in our Javascript in preparation for the November release, because I could not find the affected code in Green River's javascript (console.log) that the documentation referred to.

However, I tried the URL checker that the documentation provided (https://<discovery address>/discovery/search?vid=<vid>&lang=en&testAngularCompatibility=true)
and was unclear how that checker worked, because when I applied it, the "external search options" in the image above with the external search options disappeared...(?)

Are you able to determine from https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Primo/Product_Materials/Announcements/Preparing_for_the_Upgrade_to_Angular_1.8_in_Primo%2F%2FPrimo_VE#What_changes_in_Angular_1.8_could_affect_my_Angular_customizations.3F

  1.  if we will need to adjust our Javascript
  2.  and if so, is this something you could assist with before you leave? (a parting gift after all the many gifts you have given us over the years!)

(P.S. I'm including this message on the listserv in case it may be helpful for others)

Jennifer Rohan
Faculty Librarian
Holman Library<https://www.greenriver.edu/campus/campus-resources/holman-library/>, Green River College
253-931-6487