[Wactclc-primo] Possible Proquest Research Library / CDI issue

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Feb 24 13:48:54 PST 2021

I have 3 reported cases now of CDI citations for ProQuest Research Library articles not providing a link to the presumably available full text content.

Pierce: https://sbctc-piercecollege.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01STATEWA_PIERCE/12mqddp/cdi_proquest_miscellaneous_2396588224
WVC: https://sbctc-wvc.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01STATEWA_WENVC/1co8q28/cdi_proquest_reports_1707857983
Shoreline: https://sbctc-shoreline.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01STATEWA_SHORLINE/2vvqlo/cdi_proquest_miscellaneous_2010477414

All 3 examples involve non-standard (text resource, or report) resource types, and they all appear to be program transcripts from National Public Radio (NPR).

Two of the examples above had already been reported via SalesForce.

I'm guessing the issue impacts other institutions as well,

Just a guess, but the issue could be related to a batch of bad metadata from ProQuest / NPR involving those citations.

I'm also wondering looking into the possible impact of the "We subscribe to only some titles in this collection" CDI setting for this collection.

I'll report back as I learn more and as our cases get updated.

http://www.wactclc.org