[Wactclc-primo] searching Primo for books/materials, by language

Herman, Amy aherman at olympic.edu
Fri Dec 10 09:49:18 PST 2021

In case you didn't catch it on ALMA-L today, and didn't previously know (like me!!)... you can easily search Primo for books (or any material type) written in a specific language.

I am pretty excited because I do get asked from time to time what we have in our book collection that is written in a certain language and this makes it SUPER quick to see...

  1.  Go to Advanced Search in Primo
  2.  Put "*" in the first search line (yes, use the quotation marks around the asterisk)
  3.  Select "Book" (if you wish) from the Material Type filter dropdown
  4.  Select a specific language from the Language filter dropdown menu (if you want to add additional language options, do this in Configure Views, Advanced Search tab, in Alma)
  6.  You could then filter initial results for physical books or ebooks

[cid:image001.png at 01D7EDAB.32057D10]

Amy Herman
Library Faculty | Olympic College
1600 Chester Avenue | Bremerton, WA 98337
aherman at olympic.edu<mailto:aherman at olympic.edu>