[Wactclc-primo] changing material type in Primo

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Tue May 19 18:43:38 PDT 2020

Hi everyone:

I just added some digitized sound recordings to our ContentDM collection and the label that is associated with everything in Content DM in Primo is "Visual Material"
[cid:46322325-55b3-4f38-ae29-384787cd0cd3]

I can't remember how to change that designation. I've tried going into the Discovery Labels menu, but that doesn't seem right. I tried going to the Import Profile for our ContentDM to see if that might have something, and that doesn't seem to have any place where I designate what kind of material this is. Does anyone have any clues as to how I can change this designation?

Is it through the metadata in ContentDM or  is it through Alma settings? Ideally, I would like to specify which thing in ContentDM is a Visual Material and which is a sound recording, but if I can't I wonder if I can just change that designation to something generic like "archival material" or "digital material" or something like that.

Thanks for any clues...

Elena

Elena Bianco

Systems & Technical Services Librarian

Skagit Valley College Library

2405 E. College Way

Mount Vernon, WA 98273

Stay connected and follow SVC libraries on Facebook or Instagram.