[Wactclc-primo] Chrome blocking Primo search tabs

Daniel Moore daniel.moore at email.edcc.edu
Mon Jun 1 11:52:19 PDT 2020

I have a strong trained instinct that, if a link opens content that is in
another location or is itself another service, it should open in a new tab.
Additionally, I'm actually more concerned now than ever about users
"losing" the library's homepage. We've embedded a chat widget nearly front
and center to better connect students with librarians during the COVID
closure. I'm worried about a student on chat on the library webpage working
with a chat librarian who instructs them to start entering keywords into
the Primo search box, click "Search," and, if it doesn't open in a new tab,
the student navigates away from the chat interaction.