[Wactclc-primo] Alma / Primo Call - June 2, 2020 (new attendance record!) - Recording and notes

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Tue Jun 2 13:19:53 PDT 2020

June 2, 2020<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k4bH81GLJuDgg-V6VBrWWHOW-2_236IMw94uOO3KubA/edit?usp=sharing> - Chat Widgets for new AskWA platform, Configuring pre-populated ILL form to support PubMed LinkOut, adding non-repository citations to reading lists, .CSS style for enlarging citation title text
So, we set a new attendance record for the weekly call... 35 attendees. So thanks and congratulations to all.

A few other comments about this week's notes:

  1.  For those that missed last week's call, I pasted in the notes about the new requirements for PubMed LinkOut, that we discussed last week
  2.  I added a section with a skeleton .css stanza for use in custom.css, that you can use to enlarge the text for citation titles in Primo VE brief results, for those that wish to customize the size of that text
  3.  I added a section with a link to Alma documentation on addition non-repository citations to reading lists (external articles, or documents that you upload to Alma, for example)

I meant to discuss that last topic, but we didn't have time anyway. We can take a look at it next week.

I wanted to bring it up because, with  the ubiquity of online classes currently, a lot of related conversations are happening in general around non-repository content (content not in Alma or the PCI / CDI), including:

-General ILL workflows for electronic or physical material
-Configuration of prepopulated ILL forms as a way to immediately respond to citation searches with no search results (either originating in Primo natively, or via OpenURL, originating from OpenURL queries to Primo from PubMed, Ebsco, ProQuest, or elsewhere)
-Adding non-respository content into course reserves and reading lists, either within Alma / Primo, or via Leganto

I suspect the demand for those kinds of use-cases will continue to expand, even after in-person classes resume across the state.

So, the broader conversation about having workflows in place to meet those demands is a good one to continue having.

http://www.wactclc.org