[Wactclc-primo] FW: [EXTERNAL*]-RE: Credo link still not working

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Thu Jan 23 11:07:42 PST 2020

At Wade's suggestion, I am taking this out to the listserv just for everyone's information. I was wondering why my Credo titles weren't giving article-level access. I assumed that maybe I had messed something up in how our electronic collection is set up. However, I had activated the CREDOreference Academi Core Backfile, assuming this was the most complete collection (including the Core and the backfile - because it has 960 portfolios as opposed to 810). Our Credo title list shows 987 Titles, so I assumed the collection with the most titles would be the one to choose.

However, apparently not. Wade says that anything in the Credo backfile is not included in the article-level access. So, I will try activating the other collection instead, even though it has many fewer titles than the one I activated. Is anyone else as confused by this as me?

I am thinking this is one more reason that we can't just rely on teaching students to search Primo to access all of our collections. It's tempting to just de-activate Credo altogether...

Elena Bianco, Systems & Technical Services Librarian
Skagit Valley College
2405 E. College Way
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
(360)416-7624