[Wactclc-primo] [Wactclc-alma] Alma / Primo Call - Feb 4, 2020 - recording and notes

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Feb 12 14:43:43 PST 2020

CDI will be available for review in your production environment starting April 2.

You then have until August 23 to review the CDI, and choose your date for making CDI live in your production environment, in place of the PCI.

On August 23, if you haven’t already switched CDI on in production (via SF ticket), then the switch will be made automatically for you, on August 23.

You can following the discussion on mailing lists, and in our meetings, to stay abreast of CDI.

And all staff involved in electronic resources should pay attention and review all Ex Libris webinars related to the CDI, which include:

Managing Your CDI Collections from Alma<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Training/Ask_the_Alma_Expert/9938_2020-01-29_-_Single_Activation%3A_Managing_Your_CDI_Collections_From_Alma> (webinar recording)

CDI Activation Documentation<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Primo/Content_Corner/Central_Discovery_Index/Documentation_and_Training/010Managing_Collections_and_Their_Content_for_Discovery/020Collection_Activation_for_CDI_in_Alma_-_An_Overview> (Knowledge Center)

I do not intend to establish cohorts or fixed dates for institutions to follow on this one. It’s a pretty straightforward process, and you all are in the best position to elect the appropriate go-live date for your respective institutions. I’d encourage institutional leads to announce at our meetings and mailing lists when you have determined a go-live date, as institutions may wish to align dates together.

If some of you would like to volunteer to lead and/or participate in a Consortium CDI Task Force, to develop and communicate shared knowledge around CDI, and provide guidance to member institutions (beyond the discussions on the CDI I’m already leading in the Tuesday calls), I’m happy to facilitate the effort. If that’s of interest to you, please respond to your fellow members on-list.

Having said all that, it’s a bit early to set definitive go-live dates for CDI. As we won’t get a first-hand look until April 2.

The first logical window for going live on CDI is probably the break between spring and summer quarters.

Wade Guidry
WACTCLC
Library Consortium Services Manager
http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>