[Wactclc-primo] EBSCO eBooks & Linking Issues

Traci Taylor ttaylor at btc.edu
Tue Feb 25 08:50:38 PST 2020

Hi All,

I have seen a lot of conversation on ALMA-L, [ALMA-L] EBSCOhost ebooks - Link resolver going to wrong database. I noticed this with our own EBSCO eBook collections yesterday (Academic and Clinical eBooks). Today, I tested this by searching a title, Emergency Imaging: A Practical Guide<https://sbctc-btcctc.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01STATEWA_BTC/5ik1d1/alma992319516902804>, in our Clinical eBook Collection. I got an error in the HttpHandler that is requesting me to log in.

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D5EBB8.A61AC620]

The parser is EBSCO_HOST::netlibrary for both eBook Collections. The parser parameters for both collections is url=https://search.ebscohost.com & shib=$$SHIBBOLETH & customer_id=$$CUSTOMER_ID & athens_id=$$ATHENS_ID & u_shib=$$U_SHIBBOLETH & sso=$$SSO.

Rael Elstein, from Ex Libris, sent out this email this morning that was sent out this morning.

We would like to update that we are investigating this issue with our colleagues at EBSCO.
We will provide an update as soon as possible.

Do you recommend that I open a Salesforce Case about this issue, or should I just wait.

Traci

[cid:image006.jpg at 01D5EBB8.A61AC620]<https://www.btc.edu/>Traci Taylor, MLS
Lead Librarian
Bellingham Technical College<http://www.btc.edu/>
3028 Lindbergh Ave. | Bellingham, WA 98225
Call: 360.752.8488 | Office: CC 327
Connectedness * Professionalism * Integrity