[Wactclc-primo] Changing material type in Primo

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Thu Feb 13 16:47:03 PST 2020

So, we have a large collection of art and most of them, when they transferred over from Millennium, transferred over as if they were not art, but books. The information in the LDR 6 for Type of Record was incorrect. I am trying to figure out a normalization rule to change over all of these records so that the material type in Primo shows up correctly, and I think I can figure that one out by searching to see if there are any other normalization rules that change out the LDR information in records, so I'm not worried about that yet.

However, how the item displays in Primo is really stumping me. I experimented with changing the LDR information in Alma on one of the pieces and it shows up in Alma as Visual material now, but in Primo it shows up as "Other." Is there a way to change that in Primo to be more descriptive and to say Visual Material? Also, is there any way I can change the icon in Primo that will indicate an artwork, instead of that generic paper icon that is there? Thanks for any ideas...

[cid:image001.png at 01D5E28D.18E2F1D0]

Elena Bianco, Systems & Technical Services Librarian
Skagit Valley College
2405 E. College Way
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
(360)416-7624