[Wactclc-primo] O'Reilly platform authentication

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Tue May 28 17:05:57 PDT 2019

Do any of you folks have a subscription to the O'Reilly ebooks? We're trying to decide between authenticating via EZProxy and authenticating via email validation.  As I understand it, with email validation, O'Reilly creates individual user accounts using the institutional email address as the user name.  This method allows users to download ebooks for offline reading via the O'Reilly mobile app-- kind of the same way that some ebook publishers (e.g. Overdrive) require people to have an existing Adobe ID to download EPUB-format ebooks for offline reading.

If you subscribe to O'Reilly, I'd appreciate hearing what you decided to do and why.

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Service Manager
Seattle Colleges
kirsti.thomas at seattlecolleges.edu