[Wactclc-primo] OpenURL...

Kun, Lily lkun at spscc.edu
Mon Jan 28 15:03:26 PST 2019

For those of you who have set up the OpenURL in EBSCO, have you found the OpenURL links helpful? I did a brief testing after I set it up and have not found it to be very useful. Maybe I didn't set it up right, but I'd love to know what your experience with it has been like. Has it been worth the setup and activation?

The way mine seems to work:

In EBSCO, when there's an article that does not have full text, I get a link that pops up to check for it in Primo (screenshots below). But when I click on the link, it takes me to the "Item Details" box in the old Primo. I have to click on the "View online" tab in order to find out that there really isn't any full text available. I'd think this is a total waste of time if I were the student who went through all these steps hoping to find the full text of the article. (I did a simple keyword search for sunshine if anybody wants to duplicate my search).

[cid:image006.jpg at 01D4B71A.9E40DA30]

[cid:image004.png at 01D4B719.2F1FDDF0]

[cid:image005.png at 01D4B719.2F1FDDF0]

Lily Kun
Systems and Electronic Resources Librarian

https://spscc.edu/library
lkun at spscc.edu<mailto:lkun at spscc.edu>