[Wactclc-primo] Procedures for Creating New Materials Lists

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Tue Mar 13 11:12:41 PDT 2018

Hi all:

Per the discussion at this morning's meeting, here are the steps we do to put New Materials on display and to create our New Material List:

  1.  New Materials are cataloged, processed and sent out to Reference Desk for Librarian review (this is set as a temporary location). Materials that go to our Whidbey Island campus are set into transit to go there.
  2.  Public Services Librarian/Circulation Supervisor at each of our campuses select new materials to go on display.
  3.  Circulation staff change the Location to a temporary location of either MV (Mount Vernon) New Materials Display or WIC (Whidbey Island Campus) New Materials Display.
  4.  Materials stay there for a period of time (maybe a month or so) before they are taken off display and shelved to their permanent area.

Apart from this, on our library website, I have a section for Library News that has the permanent link to our new books display - the one I shared in the meeting: https://skagit-primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo-explore/search?query=any,contains,SKAGIT_ALMA&tab=default_tab&search_scope=SKAGIT_ALMA&sortby=date&vid=SKAGIT&facet=local1,include,New%20Materials&lang=en_US&offset=0 .

Because the materials are constantly circulating in and out of that temporary book display location, I never have to change that link, it just will dynamically display the things that are placed in that New Materials Display location.

Elena Bianco

Systems & Technical Services Librarian

Skagit Valley College Library

2405 E. College Way