[Wactclc-primo] Need help troubleshooting triplicate records in Primo

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Tue Oct 31 12:11:02 PDT 2017

Thanks to Lily and Leslie and Wade for your help.

At this point, my suspicion is that the error is the Alma CZ record is causing the Primo dedupe to fail.  Something Wade said reminded me of an ELUNA Technical Seminar session where I heard a Primo developer mention that the Primo dedupe process looks for a match on 2-3 match points-- ISBN, title, and author.

Because the CZ record has an incorrect author in the MARC 100 field, Primo fails to match the Alma CZ record with the PCI record.  I'm guessing that once the Alma CZ record is fixed, we won't have the title showing up multiple times in Primo.

I've asked the librarian who reported the initial problem to keep an eye on whether she sees other duplicate records for Ebook Central titles in Primo.  If so, we'll follow the advice to deactivate the Ebook Central package(s) in PCI.

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Services Manager
Seattle Colleges