[Wactclc-primo] Issue with activating Kanopy in the PCI rather than Alma Community Zone

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Tue Oct 10 14:29:53 PDT 2017

If you activated Kanopy in the PCI on Tuesday, indexing would have occurred over the weekend. So, no additional indexing will be done.

Just wondering, did you load Kanopy MARC records into Alma?  (This looks like the most common Kanopy approach being discussed in Alma-L)

If so, activating the PCI collection may not add a lot of value. Unless you have seen (and already know) that the PCI activation adds additional info of value, like summaries, credits, etc, you might just stick with the Alma records you have loaded.

To troubleshoot the records that aren’t working, I would open an SF data services ticket, and provide examples of the non-working records (along with ezproxy credentials, so the SF folks can observe the issue directly)

[Title: Big Bend Community College Logo]

Wade Guidry
Library Consortium Services Manager
Big Bend Community College

www.bigbend.edu<http://www.bigbend.edu/>

Big Bend Community College • 7662 Chanute Street NE • Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299

WACTCLC Alma Instance: Alma NA02<http://status.exlibrisgroup.com/>
WACTCLC Primo Instance: Primo NA08<http://status.exlibrisgroup.com/>