[Wactclc-primo] FW: [Wactclc-alma] Edmonds issues with Headings Enrichment in Primo

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Fri Nov 3 10:37:31 PDT 2017

1.       Appearance of (authority type) in browse search

Just FYI, the authority type appearing in the subject browse search is not a function of heading enrichment, afaik.

The authority type is normalized into the PNX and appears in Primo based on the subject headings in the bibliographic records:

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Primo/Product_Documentation/Technical_Guide/010The_PNX_Record/150The_Browse_Section/040Configuring_the_Normalization_Rules#Authority_Type

The authority types that your libraries don’t actively use may appear based on their presence in records downloaded from WorldCat, or content activated in the community zone or PCI.

If you don’t want to see those authority types, you could open an SF case to request their removal (I would include the link above, as a quick reference for them)

2.       Appearance of “see” cross-references in subject browse searches

Again, not really a function of headings enrichment. The cross-references you see in the browse search results are built using the subject headings in the title records.

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Primo/Product_Documentation/Technical_Guide/010The_PNX_Record/150The_Browse_Section/040Configuring_the_Normalization_Rules#Cross-References

So, if you’re not seeing the “big foot see sasquatch” in the results, try adding the non-preferred term to one of your sasquatch title records. And after the overnight publishing to Primo of that change, you should see that in the browse search results.

I don’t know whether authority-based cross-references can be normalized into the browse search, even when the non-preferred term is not present in a title record.

I did post that question to Alma-L late yesterday, and am waiting to see what I get back.

[Title: Big Bend Community College Logo]

Wade Guidry
Library Consortium Services Manager
Big Bend Community College

www.bigbend.edu<http://www.bigbend.edu/>

Big Bend Community College • 7662 Chanute Street NE • Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299

WACTCLC Alma Instance: Alma NA02<http://status.exlibrisgroup.com/>
WACTCLC Primo Instance: Primo NA08<http://status.exlibrisgroup.com/>