[Wactclc-primo] Weird Search Problem in Primo

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Mon Aug 28 10:02:12 PDT 2017

Hi all:

I am trying to do an Advanced Search in the Library Catalog, where the Subject starts with "New Materials" - we add 690 field of New Materials in order to create a New Materials list that we can add to our website.

However, every time I try to set up the search, when I try to select "starts with", the "Any Field" option reverts to "Title," and I am then unable to change that option back to Subject - it remains frozen at Title.  I have tried changing browsers from Explorer, to Chrome to Firefox, and nothing seems to fix this.

The exact steps I take are these:
I open the Advanced Search
I click on "Any Field" and choose Subject
Then, I change contains to "starts with"
At that point, I notice that Subject has now switched to TITLE, and I cannot change it back to subject - it freezes that particular option.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have opened a case in Salesforce, but I cannot fathom what would cause this to happen. I've done other subject searches, no problem, but this is just bizarre.

Thanks,

Elena

Elena Bianco, Systems & Technical Services Librarian
Skagit Valley College
2405 E. College Way
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
(360)416-7624