[LIBRARYDIR] Chat GPT and AI bootcamp info

Buschman, Mike mike.buschman at sos.wa.gov
Fri May 17 12:30:19 PDT 2024

Exciting training opportunity from our Training Coordinator...

I am pleased to announce that WSL has purchased statewide access for all library staff to attend Library 2.0's Chat GPT and AI Bootcamp for Libraries and Librarians<https://www.library20.com/chatgpt-ai-bootcamp>! This bootcamp is a 3 part series that will equip librarians and library staff with a core understanding of generative AL and with the knowledge and skills that are needed to integrate ChatGPT and other tools into library programming and their personal and professional learning.

Discover the transformative potential of ChatGPT and generative AI as we examine the impacts these technologies will have on library professionals and the modern library. Join us as we dive into the world of artificial intelligence, exploring its capabilities and applications, while also becoming aware of best practices and guidelines for ethical and responsible use.

As AI reshapes the information landscape, librarians have an unprecedented opportunity to leverage these tools to enhance their services, support their communities, facilitate innovation, and accentuate and magnify personal and professional learning. Don't miss this chance to stay ahead of the curve as libraries and librarianship are transformed in this new world of learning and creativity.

Registration will include the three live sessions and access to the session recordings.

This training is brought to you by Washington State Library, a division of the Office of Secretary of State, and funded by IMLS through the LSTA Grants to States Program.

To Register:

DO NOT USE THE REGISTRATION FORM ON THE LIBRARY 2.0 SITE.  YOU WILL BE BILLED FOR THE COST OF REGISTRATION

  1.  For free registration, go to this form: https://forms.gle/UiY39idi6H2JziEE6 and register.  This form is only for library staff in Washington State.

Please do not share it with other out of state libraries or folks not associated with a library.

  1.  You will receive a confirmation from that you are registered.  Please check your spam folder if you don't receive your confirmation email right away. Emails come from library20email at gmail.com<mailto:library20email at gmail.com> or admin at library20.com<mailto:admin at library20.com> and the phrase "ChatGPT" seems to be triggering spam filtering in many cases. Please make sure the sender is marked as 'safe' so future emails do not end up in your spam folder For any registration difficulties or questions, email admin at library20.com<mailto:admin at library20.com>  .
  2.  You will receive a link to each session individually as well as a link to the recordings after each session.
  3.  After the third session you may be randomly chosen by WSL to receive a link to a survey about the training.  This survey is very short but is important information that we use to decide on future trainings and for our annual report for our funder.

Tami Masenhimer, (she,her)
Training Coordinator and Consultant
Office of the Secretary of State | Washington State Library
6880 Capitol Blvd SE, Tumwater, Washington 98501-5513
PO BOX 42460 Olympia, WA 98504-0224
Work Cell: 360-480-0364 |  E: Tami.Masenhimer at sos.wa.gov<mailto:Tami.Masenhimer at sos.wa.gov>
www.sos.wa.gov/library<http://www.sos.wa.gov/library>

[cid:image001.png at 01DAA849.EA675350]
      [cid:image002.png at 01DAA849.EA675350] <https://www.wtbbl.org/>  [cid:image003.png at 01DAA849.EA675350] <https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonStateLibrary/>  [cid:image004.png at 01DAA849.EA675350] <https://twitter.com/WAStateLib>  [cid:image005.png at 01DAA849.EA675350] <https://www.youtube.com/user/WAStateLibrary>   [cid:image006.png at 01DAA849.EA675350] <https://www.instragram.com/washingtonstatelibrary/>
~~ Connecting Washington through the power of libraries ~~