[LIBRARYDIR] Virtual Chat Question

Claire Murata claire.murata at edmonds.edu
Fri Jan 27 12:46:05 PST 2023

Hi Heather,

Our chat usage dropped last year.

However, the college is getting a new website with a link to the chat in a
relatively prominent place, so I'm curious to see what happens. We added
texting and I thought use would go up, but it didn't.

I don't want to cancel it, however, because I don't know what is going to
happen next with students who keep opting for online classes. I would be
interested to hear how other libraries are thinking about it. Thanks for
bringing this question to the group! Claire

*Claire Murata, MLIS*
Associate Dean, Library and Learning Resources
20000 68th Ave. W., Lynnwood WA 98036 | edmonds.edu
claire.murata at edmonds.edu | (425) 640-1522

[image: college logo]