[LIBRARYDIR] EDI Reading for March 3rd LLC Meeting

Bem, Greg Greg.Bem at lwtech.edu
Fri Feb 24 11:35:23 PST 2023

Good morning, LLC!

At next week's quarterly meeting, we will have one hour devoted to an Equiety, Diversity, and Inclusion reading. This reading was borrowed from the antiracism training several college libraries are currently participating in, and connects back to previous readings we have explored as a group.

The Reading:
Tema Okun's White Supremacy Culture Characteristics<https://www.whitesupremacyculture.info/characteristics.html>

I invite you to visit this resource ahead of the meeting. At the bottom of the page, there are nine panels linking to each characteristic, and each characteristic has its own page/reading. There is also a bold link at the very bottom of the page that has a printable version of the content on the website.

I invite you to read about the characteristics as you have time, paying attention to which you've seen show up in your library and on your team. During the session at LLC, we will have breakout rooms designed to focus on at least one characteristic in conversation.

Thank you to Lynn Kanne and Deb Derylak from the EDI Work Group for continued support around the EDI readings, and the rest of the eTeam (Gerie Ventura, Jeannie Henkle, and Susan Schreiner) for working through the reading selection process this time.

See you next week!

Greg

Greg Bem, MLIS
Faculty Librarian and Library Coordinator
Library, Lake Washington Inst. Of Technology
Pronouns: he/him/his

Contact Info
greg.bem at lwtech.edu<mailto:greg.bem at lwtech.edu%0d>
http://www.lwtech.edu/campus-life/library