[LIBRARYDIR] Question for the day~

Jacquelyn Ray jacquelyn.ray at wwcc.edu
Mon Nov 7 11:12:03 PST 2022

Hi all~

       I have a thought and also a question.

Let me start with the question....how many of you do reference/research consultations and about what percentage does this take of your time.

Okay, sneaky, second question how many of you still do formal (credit bearing) or informal (one-shot/workshop, etc) instruction as part of your work?

Thinking about part of our conversation last week, I wonder if it would be of interest to discuss the Value of Academic Libraries work?   It might be beneficial in light of our conversations on accreditation, workplace roles, program review and the interconnected resources we offer.

If there is interest,  I am suddenly missing Deb Gilchrist and maybe she could come of retirement to chat with us for an hour at a future meeting.  I'd love to have her as a keynote or guest at an in person meeting—we could make sure she gets lunch.

All my best,
Jacquelyn

​Jacquelyn Ray, MLIS, MA | Director of Library Services & FYE | she/her
Walla Walla Community College
Need help evenings or weekends? Try our 24/7 Ask-a-Librarian Chat Service!<https://askwa.libanswers.com/widget_chat.php?hash=d266f8c192e1c15230f3b8f764dcead2>

“Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” ~Dalai Lama