[LIBRARYDIR] Questions about our old security gate (plus)

Nicole Longpre nlongpre at bellevuecollege.edu
Tue Jun 14 14:16:35 PDT 2022

Hi everyone,

Heath Hayden left their Associate Dean position at Bellevue College and I am acting in that role now. One of the tasks that I am working on is what to do with our old security gate. We have a new people counter in place, and we are ready to remove the old gate. I thought that I had some documentation about this, but I can't seem to find it. Are we required to advertise this gate so that others who might want it can claim it. Of course, any school would have to have 3M come and move the gate, otherwise the warranty would be broken. Can we simply surplus the old gate or is there another process.

We also have several old/first generation Nooks and Kindles that we would like to surplus, but again, we don't want to do the wrong thing.

Nicole Longpré (she/her)
Acting Associate Dean of the Library
Systems Librarian
Full Professor