[LIBRARYDIR] Position @ BBCC

Fuhrman, Tim timf at bigbend.edu
Thu Jun 2 13:52:03 PDT 2022

Hi All,

Over nine years ago we created a unique position here at BBCC where we combined the administration of eLearning with a library position requiring an MLS. It has been fantastic to have someone who has a foot in both worlds and we are excited to be able to offer this position to a new candidate.

If you, or someone you know, is looking for a new challenge and is interested in working at a college where it is easy to get to know everyone (we are one of the three smallest community colleges in WA and a Hispanic Servicing Institution), in a rural setting (small ag based town, but bigger towns within an hour and a half drive), in an area offering a wide variety of outdoor activities (hiking, hunting, fishing, boating, skiing, etc.), this is the place! Did I mention there are a LOT of wineries nearby too? We are also minutes away from the Gorge Amphitheater!

And, I'm admittedly biased, we have an excellent work environment as well!

The eLearning Coordinator<https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/bigbend/jobs/3579723/elearning-coordinator?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs> is  responsible for developing strategies and employing technologies to assist and educate students, staff, and faculty in the area of online instruction. This position manages the selection, implementation, administration, and support of all eLearning related technologies and services. This is a 12 month administrative exempt position with instructional responsibilities.

As a librarian, the eLearning Coordinator works to infuse information literacy and use of library services and resources into the online instruction environment. Duties also include providing library services both "on ground" and online.

Please feel free to share this with others.

All the best,
Tim

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D8767B.87EDE740]

Tim Fuhrman
Director of Library Resources
& eLearning
Big Bend Community College
timf at bigbend.edu<mailto:timf at bigbend.edu>

www.bigbend.edu<http://www.bigbend.edu/>

Bonaudi Library (ATEC/1800 Building)*7662 Chanute Street NE*Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299