[LIBRARYDIR] Guided Pathways and Libraries: Centering Student Voice for Equity and Engagement - Feb. 9 online session

Watkins, Candice cwatkins at tacomacc.edu
Thu Jan 20 08:37:08 PST 2022

Good morning. I sent this yesterday and for some reason, the formatting appeared strange to some folks (perhaps because I accidently sent it the bounce email for the listserv). Let's try this again! Here's the information about the session below. Fyi, I also sent this to the CLAMS listserv. Feel free to share with your library folks. Please let me know if you have questions!

Guided Pathways and Libraries: Centering Student Voice for Equity and Engagement

Hello WA CTC Library community! The Library Leadership Council<https://sites.google.com/lowercolumbia.edu/walibraryleadershipcouncil/home> (LLC) is hosting a virtual session that explores how libraries can transform themselves to better align with student needs and perspectives. We'll explore the findings of the Community College Libraries and Academic Support for Student Success (CCLASSS)<https://sr.ithaka.org/publications/student-needs-are-academic-needs/> survey, as well as learn about its impact on Pierce College Library, a participant in the survey.

In our session, we'll identify barriers for students and discuss library services and strategies to help eliminate those barriers.

What you will take away from this session:

  1.  A better understanding of student perspectives on the challenges they face as they pursue a college education.
  2.  Opportunity to discuss these issues with peers at institutions around the state.
  3.  Techniques to gather student voices at your college.

Please mark your calendars!

When: February 9 from 1:30-3 p.m. via zoom.

Hosted by: The Library Leadership Council<https://sites.google.com/lowercolumbia.edu/walibraryleadershipcouncil/home> of WA (LLC)

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://tacomacc-edu.zoom.us/j/89426305309

Session facilitators include:

·         Deb Gilchrist, former Vice President of Instruction, Pierce College

·         Christie Flynn, Dean of Library & Learning Resources, Pierce College

·         Amy Kelly, Dean of Academic Support Services, South Puget Sound Community College

·         Michelle Andreas, Vice President of Instruction, South Puget Sound Community College

·         Library Leadership Council board members:

o    Candice Watkins (Tacoma Community College), Greg Bem (Lake Washington Technical College), Heath Hayden (Bellevue College), Erica Coe (Olympic College), Jeannie Henkle (Wenatchee Valley College)

We hope you can make it and look forward to a collaborative session!

Candice Watkins [she/her pronouns]

Interim Dean of Library & Learning Innovation

Tacoma Community College

6501 South 19th Street

Tacoma, WA. 98466

253-566-5091