[LIBRARYDIR] Questions about technology for students

Gretchen Robertson Gretchen.Robertson at skagit.edu
Fri Dec 16 16:23:32 PST 2022

Hi Tim,

See answers for Skagit below:

  1.  Do you still have open computer labs on campus? If so, are students using them?

Yes, we have about 50 computers in the library. Students use them, but infrequently.

  1.  Is your library still providing Chromebooks and/or laptops for checkout to students? If so, how are they purchased and maintained?

Yes, they were purchased with COVID funds. IT maintains them, but we are struggling with capacity. We are also struggling to figure out replacement plans for those that go missing.

  1.  Does your institution have a requirement that students provide their own computing device? If so, how is that funded (i.e. a student success fund, or attached to class materials so it can be covered with financial aid money)?

No.

Gretchen Robertson MIT
Dean of Instruction—Libraries, eLearning, & Participatory Excellence
360.416.4925 || cell 360.333.7102