[LIBRARYDIR] Questions about technology for students

Howard Fuller hfuller at whatcom.edu
Tue Dec 13 13:10:48 PST 2022

  1.  Students use computer labs sparingly. Its becoming quite rare that a student doesn't have their own technology.
  2.  The library has never provide chromebooks/laptops, but IT provides laptops. I believe they were purchased with herf money (so not sustainable) and IT maintains them (probably not sustainable).
  3.  I am not that I'm aware of any school requirement stating students must provide their own computer device.

Thanks
Howard