[LIBRARYDIR] Gate Counters

Dawn Marie Lowe-Wincentsen dawn.lowe.win at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 12:40:40 PDT 2021

At my previous college we used these:
https://sensourceinc.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw-sqKBhBjEiwAVaQ9a3GsDZts2lu6dFmbXMCJKOxJ4oE0iTGJsIFAoSw6YCqSw94jm5dSkBoCOMsQAvD_BwE
In addition we did headcounts to compare the data of who came and sat all
day to the passers by. Taking both was very helpful in making arguments to
administration as to what hours and types of use the library was getting.
At Shoreline the security gates are of dubious functionality. However,
there are sensors that track people coming in and out at a couple of
locations. The data is taken each morning. As we just reopened and are
getting less than 10 people per day, I have not pushed for headcounts.

*Dawn Lowe-Wincentsen, MLIS*
Associate Dean of Library and Learning Resources

Dlowe-wincentsen at shoreline.edu

*Shoreline Community College*
www.shoreline.edu  |  206.546.4101
Mobile: 206.123.4567