[LIBRARYDIR] Fw: Show what you know, earn $10k: Health, Criminal Justice, & Welding Faculty

Boyoung Chae bchae at sbctc.edu
Thu Oct 14 15:02:05 PDT 2021

Deadline Reminder: Monday, October 25, 2021

HEALTH, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND WELDING FACULTY:

The State Board is developing introductory textbooks for each of these disciplines that will be available for anyone to use. Why? Because textbooks can be expensive, and we don’t want that to stop students from taking classes.

  *   What’s the project? Write introductory textbooks that will be openly licensed. That means that they’ll be free for anyone to use, while also being customizable and sharable.
  *   Who are you hiring? We’re hiring eight faculty members from each discipline (health, criminal justice, and welding). They’ll be supported by staff who are experts in copyright/accessibility/instructional design.
  *   What’s the time commitment? January 2022 through June 2024. Hourly commitment will vary depending on the project timeline. You can find that in the Project & Call Overview<https://tinyurl.com/open-proftech-call>.
  *   What will I get? You’ll make $10,000 on a performance-based contract.
  *   Interested? Submit an application<https://tinyurl.com/open-proftech-apply> by Monday, Oct. 25 at 11:55 p.m.
  *   Want more information? Check out the Project Call & Overview<https://tinyurl.com/open-proftech-call> or watch the Information Webinar recording<https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/jHcNRVPu5QUN_ebJ1ZS3NQoTPbECGxdhfaLM7PHKs_INjc7MsFIx_r_2ZCvkJonH.r1IDX3kvGBJ-PrQv> (for accessibility, choose “audio transcript” view instead of cc).

Thank you, and please reach out to me directly if you have questions.

We’re excited to start this project with you!

Most sincerely,

Monique

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Monique Belair  she|her|hers

Program Manager - WA Open ProfTech

Program Administrator

EdTech & OpenEd | SBCTC

mbelair at sbctc.edu<mailto:mbelair at sbctc.edu>  360-704-3942