[LIBRARYDIR] WLA Mentoring program

Coe, Erica ecoe at olympic.edu
Tue Jun 22 11:18:54 PDT 2021

Hi all,

I wanted to share this information from WLA.
Become a WLA Mentor

The WLA Professional Development Committee<https://www.wla.org/professional-development-committee> is hosting a Mentorship Program for Fall of 2021<https://www.wla.org/mentoring>. We are currently recruiting candidates for the mentor pool. Are you interested in helping develop future leaders, grow your leadership skills, and contribute to the profession? Then being a mentor is for you! Potential mentors are encouraged to apply June 1- July 31 and will be notified in August should they be paired with a mentee. Mentors must be current WLA members.

2021 ALD/ACRL-WA and ACRL-OR Joint Fall Summit
Call for Proposals<https://www.wla.org/2021-ald-acrl-wa-and-acrl-or-joint-fall-summit>

The Academic Library Division/ACRL-WA and ACRL-OR will host a virtual summit on Friday, November 5, 2021 from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. The Summit Committee is accepting proposals through Wednesday, July 14. The summit theme, Old Spaces, New Spaces: Reimagining the Boundaries, hopes to address the changing and newly established boundaries for our work and personal spaces - physical, digital, social, and cultural - throughout academic and college librarianship.

Thanks,
Erica